Gigi Gardner is one of the founders of Gardner Gordon. During her legal career, she has enabled thousands of immigrants from all over the world and all walks of life to achieve their unique American dream. She views her profession as a calling to serve others in need and advocate for those facing injustice.
Gigi was born and raised in Clayton. She comes from a long line of subsistence farmers who immigrated to America from England and have called North Carolina home since colonial times. Her father is a retired State Highway Patrolman who served Johnston County for 25 years. Her mother is a retired beautician who owned and operated Milady Hairstyling in Clayton for 40 years. Growing up, she watched the Hispanic community bloom in North Carolina, which drove her desire to become fluent in Spanish.
Gigi decided she wanted to be a lawyer in elementary school, but her passion for immigration was ignited while she was teaching English as a second language in San Jose, Costa Rica and Mexico City, Mexico between undergrad and law school. There she taught business English to local employees of multi-national corporations and witnessed globalization firsthand. Now she has made it her life’s work to do everything in her power to build bridges between two cultures that in her opinion are much more similar than they are different.
In her free time, Gigi enjoys seeing live music, snowboarding, scuba diving, and exploring the world.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth District
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Supreme Court of North Carolina
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D. 2009
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. 2002
One Blood Movement of Unity
- Board of Directors, 2020 to present
Wake County Chapter of the ACLU of North Carolina
- Board of Directors, 2009-2017
- President, 2014-2017
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
- Morrisville Chamber of Commerce
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
Awards, Certifications & Accreditations
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite Hall of Fame in Immigration
- Super Lawyers North Carolina Rising Star in Immigration
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Woman Owned Small Business certification
- North Carolina Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) certification
- BBB A+ Accredited Business